ABORIGINIES and pregnant women will receive free access to the flu vaccine, federal Health Minister Nicola Roxon said today.
Previously only about 2.8 million people aged 65 and over were eligible for the vaccine.
“Today we are announcing that the seasonal flu vaccine will be available free of charge to more than two million extra Australians, particularly pregnant women and indigenous Australians,” Ms Roxon told Channel 9.
Related articles found on the Internet
- Melbourne reportedly world’s H1N1 flu capital (beinghealthyhomeandaway.blogspot.com)
- Aborigines at higher risk of swine flu (cnn.com)
- Swine flu feared spreading among Aborigines (beinghealthyhomeandaway.blogspot.com)
- H1N1 flu cases pass 500 in Australia, state’s alert level raised (beinghealthyhomeandaway.blogspot.com)
- Australia swine flu ship isolated (news.bbc.co.uk)
- Australia swine flu cases double (news.bbc.co.uk)