Reblogged from thecouponhigh.net
I’ve known for a long time that Vinegar is a great cleaner because it disinfects. I’ve used it many a time to clean out nebulizer tubing. But did you know that there are a ton of other uses for Vinegar besides Cooking and Cleaning.
Here are 25 ways to use that Free Vinegar and quite a few of them will save you from buying other products. So in the end it will save you money.
- Freshen Cut Flowers. Add 2 TBSP Vinegar and 1 tsp sugar for each quart of water. Great when you run out of the packet supplied with the flowers.
- Kill Grass on Walks and Driveways. No need to use harmful chemicals, just pour vinegar full strength on unwanted grass.
- Increase Soil Acidity. This is perfect for growing plants like rhododendrums, gardenia or azaleas that like acidic soil. Just add a cup of vinegar to a gallon of tap water when you water your plants.
- Keep Ants out of your House – Here’s another way to keep the harmful chemicals out of your house. Just spray vinegar around door and window frames, under appliances or any where else the ants are coming in.
- Polish Car Chrome – Apply Vinegar full strength
- Have a Flea Free Pet – Add a little vinegar to your pet’s drinking water and the fleas will stay away.
- Avoid Scraping Frost off Car Windows – Just coat the car windows the night before with a solution of three parts vinegar to one part water and save yourself some time in the morning.
- Cut your Calories – Sprinkle a little vinegar on prepared food to take the edge off your appetite.
- Soothe a Jellyfish Sting – This came in handy during our vacation when my daughter got stung by a jellyfish. Just douse the irritated area with vinegar to take out the sting and relieve itching.
- Relieve Sunburn – No need to pay for expensive Burn Care cream. Just lightly rub vinegar on the sunburn. Reapply as needed.
- Brighten your Hair – After your shampoo, take 1 cup of vinegar and add to warm water in a cup. Then use it to rinse your hair. The Vinegar adds highlights to brown hair and removes soap film.
- Keep the Flakes Away – Fight dandruff by rinsing with vinegar and 2 cups of warm water after shampooing.
- Clean Dentures – Just soak them overnight in vinegar and then in the morning brush away tarter with a toothbrush.
- Take Grease off Suede – Dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently brush over grease spots.
- Remove Deodorant Stains – Lightly rub with distilled vinegar and than launder as usual.
- Freshen Vegetables – Extend the life of your vegetables by soaking wilted vegetables in 2 cups of water and a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Keep Hard Boiled Eggs from Cracking – Just add 2 TBSP water before boiling
- Clean your Dishwasher – Run a cup of vinegar through the whole cycle once a month. This will reduce soap build up on the dishwasher workings.
- Unclog a drain – Another idea that will save you from buying a special product. Just pour a handful of baking SODA down the drain and add 1/2 cup of vinegar. Then rinse with Hot Water.
- Make Buttermilk – Add a TBSP of Vinegar to a cup of Milk and let it stand 5 minutes to thicken
- Remove Decals or Bumper Stickers – Soak a cloth in Vinegar. Than cover the decal or bumper sticker for several minutes until the vinegar soaks in. The sticker should peel off easily.
- Soften off a Paint Brush – Soak the paint brush in hot vinegar, then wash out with warm sudsy water.
- Remove Rings on Wood Furniture – Has a glass left a mark on your expensive wood furniture. Try mixing an equal part of distilled vinegar and olive oil and rubbing with the grain.
- Whiten Your Teeth and Eliminate Bad breath – Just brush one or twice a week with white distilled vinegar.
- Make Nail Polish Last Longer – Wipe Fingernails with cotton balls dipped in distilled vinegar before putting on your nail polish.